For your final, you will be analyzing your own speech using the rhetorical strategies we learned this semester. You will receive a copy of your own speech to analyze during the exam.
Be sure to review the following:
- Aristotle’s Rhetorical Triangle (Ethos, Pathos, Logos)
- Diction Techniques (Parallel Structure, Anaphora, Polysyndeton; denotation and connotation)
- Sentence Expansion (remember to use proper punctuation!)
- Symbolism/Characterization (Ethan Frome, Fences) (short answer)
- Short speech analysis (short answer)
All presentations from this marking period are available on the site. See you soon!