All classes – 40 minutes of Membean due by Sunday, September 25.
In case you missed class…
- Complete Activity 1 (including AXES paragraph)
- Brainstorm 3 ideas for your final personal narrative
- Read BEM through Ch. 12 (pg. 88)
- Answer the questions:
- Why do you think Danticat left such a long gap between Parts 1 & 2?
- What do you think happened in the meantime?
- Finish your trading card of yourself (Due: A day – Friday, 9/30; B day – Thursday, 9/29)
- “Strange Fruit” by Billie Holiday
- Flint Water Crisis Political Cartoon
- Vintage Bathing Suit vs. Burkini Controversies
In case you were out…
Complete Activity 2 and the homework.
- Read Chapter 8.
- Choose which text or photo from today’s activity you feel most strongly represents the concept of social justice or social injustice.
- Compose a 1 paragraph response using the AXES format.
You MUST submit this paragraph in Google Docs.