Note: A link to an audio version of the poem was sent to your email account.
Written during a time of significant cultural change in Britain and the world at large, “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” tells the story of a man in conflict with not only the world around him, but also with himself.
Your argument, which must be at least 5-7 pages in length, should show the internal and external conflicts the protagonist faces in “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”. What are these conflicts, and how does he handle them (if at all)? Are these conflicts resolved? What are his personal needs, and how do they conflict with the changing society in which he lives?
The analysis must be supported by information from at least 3 outside sources in addition to the anchor text, T.S. Eliot’s “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”. These sources should provide background and explanation on the ways in which the cultural and societal landscape of Britain was changing during the time the poem was written and published.
- Length: 5-7 pages
- MLA Format
- Works Cited Page
- At least 3 outside sources, plus the anchor text, “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T.S. Eliot
- Paper Title:
- First Name Last Name – English 2 M2 Honors Paper – “J Alfred Prufrock” Argument
- Share with Mrs. Wasley in Google Docs from your student account.
- All revisions from first draft to final paper must take place in the same Google Doc.
- DO NOT write in first or second person! This is a formal, academic paper.
- Fri., December 16: Three or more outside sources for your paper (email to Mrs. Wasley)
- Fri., December 23: Outline for your paper (a suggested format will be provided) shared in Google docs with Mrs. Wasley
- Title: First Name Last Name – English 2 M2 Honors Paper – “J Alfred Prufrock” Essay Outline
- Fri., January 6: First Draft Due
- Mon., January 16 (11:59PM): Final Paper Due